It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Heretic II patch
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:08 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

I have discovered a patch on MyAbandonware that enables running Heretic II on Windows 7 through to 10. It seems stable but crashes if I try to skip a video.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Heretic II patch
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:54 am 
Wasn't posting abandonware links against forum rules? Or it is allowed to post links for games that aren't sold anymore such as Heretic 2? I still have a DVD copy of the game from like 10 years ago but I haven't played the game since then. I never finished the game but I intend to finish it one day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:11 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

The patch is freeware. I never linked to any warez :shiftyph34r:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:58 am 
The link you provided has download links for Heretic 2 patch but also original ISO as well. And on the bottom of page on similar games, you can see Heretic, Hexen and Hexen Deathkings. Isn't that a bit too much to offer free versions of Heretic and Hexen games as well as other games that are available on the website?

EDIT: Now that's weird. I clicked again on the link and it redirects me to the patch but it says 404 PAGE NOT FOUND. Maybe you should upload the patch and link it directly? So that Glassy doesn't edit your post to remove the link, because this site is full of warez. Trust me, I downloaded from this site before some Doom games back in 2012 when I only had shareware version of Doom 1, as well as pirated version of Doom 2 1.666! I'm sure if I were to post this, I'd get instantly banned. But I don't understand how other people can get away with this.

EDIT 2: I went to the main Abandonware Heretic 2 page and I could download the patch just fine. So it seems the site redirects, even though you posted the patch link fine.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]