It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [HeXen] Ancient Dungeon Thingy
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:59 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind

Since there are no HeXen projects really around, and since I've been doing nothing for so long...
I have once again started a random map project for HeXen!!!! I cannot even say what the map will be like.. At the moment I am working on the first room (that might not end up being the first room of the map thought) and there's some sort of lava/steel theme going again (some sort of ancient factory theme??). I might copy paste my earlier random map and merge it with this one, but the thing I mostly want to do is some sort of bunker/dungeon with lava and some evil puzzles & traps.

I know this is again not much but I just wanted to do some stuff again...
And I'm not even forcing myself into it. I just found some energy and motivation to start doing this!

Just to give some direction about how the map is going to look like/how shitty I am at mapping these days:
Spoiler:

Will add screenshots later when I get more done :lol:

Anyway this thread is mostly for me to get some motivation boost since I like to post stuff I'm making and this way I can do that..
Even though there is no specific plan for the project yet.

PS. I will rename the project whenever I come up with some name for it :lol:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [HeXen] Ancient Dungeon Thingy
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:56 am 
Sounds nice! I would like a Hexen project. :yup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:41 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Ah, great to see you're back into it, Vilde.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:30 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind

The more I think about it, the more I want to make some sort of super retarded puzzle map that focuses on some ancient lava generators that need to be activated/fixed by using gears in their gearbox. This will make doors open / make stuff (traps and other kinds of moving things) function allowing the player to proceed :yes:

I rly feel like I'd like to make it for HeXetic, but then again, I have no clue where it would fit in the project since the first episode isn't really about this kind of things xD ... I guess only time can tell us.. :flame:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:44 pm 
I would like to see you to go back to work on Hexetic. I miss playing that mod but we will have to rebalance the weapons since the powered Hexen weapons are overpowered. I can take some suggestions from already existing Hexen mods that have tome of power and have proper powered up weapons, such as Carnage Galore. ;)

For the new Hexen project, what kind of traps are you going to add? I am just wondering because I hope you don't add too many difficult traps, in original Hexen there were quite a few traps that got me. :yup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:19 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind

FistMarine wrote:
I would like to see you to go back to work on Hexetic. I miss playing that mod but we will have to rebalance the weapons since the powered Hexen weapons are overpowered. I can take some suggestions from already existing Hexen mods that have tome of power and have proper powered up weapons, such as Carnage Galore. ;)

For the new Hexen project, what kind of traps are you going to add? I am just wondering because I hope you don't add too many difficult traps, in original Hexen there were quite a few traps that got me. :yup:

I guess I'm thinking more about hazards than actual traps.. Like those fireballs that bursted from the floor/walls in HeXen and you'd need to dodge them or time your movements right to get past em.. Im not entirely sure yet though. Mostly I miss using ACS so I will want to make something that requires a lot of it :yup:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:31 pm 
Ah yes those kind of traps with fireballs or having to cross a lava river or maybe a swamp full of stalkers, well you get the idea. :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:22 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind

Still not much, but mostly trying to get the enviroment / theme looking right here xD

Spoiler:

That golden circular pillar thingy is supposed to be opened by bringing two of those demon head artifact thingies and putting them on the two empty slots next to the pillar... propably there will be a switch for the lava generator thing behind it, or something else. :shock:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:14 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Vilde123 wrote:
Still not much, but mostly trying to get the enviroment / theme looking right here xD

Spoiler:

That golden circular pillar thingy is supposed to be opened by bringing two of those demon head artifact thingies and putting them on the two empty slots next to the pillar... propably there will be a switch for the lava generator thing behind it, or something else. :shock:

That looks like an actual HeXen map. Like the guardian of fire.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:23 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind

Skibbi wrote:
That looks like an actual HeXen map. Like the guardian of fire.

Got my inspiration from there mostly.. and guardian of steel :) I hope I'll keep getting more ideas ;)

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next