It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 7:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Bethesda (Soft)works its way to GOG.com
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:19 pm 
https://www.gog.com/news/bethesda_softw ... _to_gogcom

Originally found this linked on Duke4.net and decided to post here. It looks like Doom, Quake, Fallout and Elder Scrolls are now available on GOG.COM. It seems that all classic Doom games are available to buy (one pack has The Ultimate Doom, the other has Doom 2, Final Doom and Master Levels). Quake has only the first game with its expansions.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be mentioned is whether it runs off DOSBox or not. I assume since it's on GOG.COM, it runs on DOSBox as do other old games run.

Post subject: Re: Bethesda (Soft)works its way to GOG.com
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:53 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Cool news. :thumb:

They must come with DOSBox since there's no way to make them work on new systems (besides ports). :troll2:

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Bethesda (Soft)works its way to GOG.com
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:48 am 
Looking at Doomworld, it seems some people have mentioned that it uses DOSBox and they are the original IWADS. What's interesting is that it comes with patched versions of tnt and plutonia (tnt map31 doesn't have yellow key bug and plutonia has extra deathmatch starts on some maps). I would like to get the GOG version of Doom games mostly for original DOS exes and the patched IWADS. I will see first if I can get ID Anthology as birthday or Christmas present and if I don't get enough money by then to buy that, I will get the GOG version to replace my shitty Collector's Edition. :yup:

EDIT: In December I got Book of ID, so forget about GOG versions. ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]