It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:46 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
Author Message
 Post subject: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:05 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 am
Posts: 2286
We had an ill-fated RAGE forum, however, I do believe that is only because not enough of us had ever played RAGE.
We should have an "Other id Games" forum with subforums about games such as Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D/Spear of Destiny, Quake (I/II/III/IV/Live), New Wolfenstein and so forth. These would work because many people have played them and it is a great way to expand the forum. It is especially useful for Wolfenstein since the release of ECWolf, making Doom Universe Wolfenstein mods something I foresee in our near future.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:14 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 1845
Location: MAP30
Skibbi wrote:
We should have an "Other id Games" forum

I agree.

Skibbi wrote:
with subforums about games such as Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D/Spear of Destiny, Quake (I/II/III/IV/Live), New Wolfenstein and so forth.

I disagree, there would be more subforums than topics. :|

I'm for renaming the Rage forum to Other id Games forum and moving all Wolfenstein-Quake related threads from Strife and other games forum to the new destination. :drink:

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:53 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 am
Posts: 1010
Location: Pandemonium... or something
Good idea.

On the subject, am I the only one who upgrades for and plays the new gen of id and id-related games? :lol:

_________________
-Signature removed for being a nuisance-


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 am
Posts: 2286
Glassyman wrote:
Skibbi wrote:
with subforums about games such as Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D/Spear of Destiny, Quake (I/II/III/IV/Live), New Wolfenstein and so forth.

I disagree, there would be more subforums than topics. :|

I'm for renaming the Rage forum to Other id Games forum and moving all Wolfenstein-Quake related threads from Strife and other games forum to the new destination. :drink:

Yup, that's a better idea. I can move the posts.
BJ Vynz wrote:
On the subject, am I the only one who upgrades for and plays the new gen of id and id-related games? :lol:

I've played Rage, I liked it. I'm not going to play the new Wolfenstein games. I will play the new DooM.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:36 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 am
Posts: 1010
Location: Pandemonium... or something
Skibbi wrote:
I've played Rage, I liked it. I'm not going to play the new Wolfenstein games. I will play the new DooM.

Did you buy the Scorchers DLC? Rage was pretty nice, but the Scorchers DLC is perfection. The Scorchers missions feel much more of a solid id experience and the final boss fight, even though it's not an actual "being" you're fighting, is the best boss fight in the game and pretty damn awesome.


Anyway, yes it'd be nice to see the 'Rage' forum section just renamed to that 'Other id Games.' That allows for anything without having to go to the 'everything else' area.

_________________
-Signature removed for being a nuisance-


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:28 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 1845
Location: MAP30
As you might have already noticed, I renamed some sections. :)
Doom 4 topics now belong to the same forum of Doom 3
Other FPS go into Strife forum
Old and new id games such as Quake and Wolfenstein have their own forum.

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:34 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:45 am
Posts: 2286
Very good, very good.


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:46 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:15 am
Posts: 1010
Location: Pandemonium... or something
Yeah this works nicely :)

_________________
-Signature removed for being a nuisance-


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 8:46 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 am
Posts: 1845
Location: MAP30
Skibbi wrote:
Very good, very good.


BJ Vynz wrote:
Yeah this works nicely :)

Thanks, guys. :lol:
I forgot to say non-id games and non-FPS go into EE section. XD

_________________
Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Other id games Forums
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:12 pm 
Spider mastermind
Spider mastermind
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:52 pm
Posts: 847
Location: Finland
Skibbi wrote:
We had an ill-fated RAGE forum, however, I do believe that is only because not enough of us had ever played RAGE.


This is a good point.. I've played almost every other Id game but never touched RAGE so.. I have rly never even read that forum :lol:

And yess this idea is really good :Pelle:

_________________
Image


Top
 Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron


Free forum hosting is powered by phpBB. Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net.