It is currently Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Quake II
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:16 pm 
I will try on my PC tomorrow since my PC has AMD card. :yup:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:41 am 
Yeah so I tried and got the same problem with the colors. On my PC the game automatically changed to windowed and I couldn't even enable full screen (I was in 320x240 video mode) until I changed resolution first.

However the game works (both on laptop and PC) if I disable full screen option, so in windowed mode it looks fine, no color bug. It's similar to old ZDoom versions as far as I remember. Are you guys trying to play it in fullscreen mode? Because if yes, then for me it doesn't work but in windowed mode, it works fine.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:21 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

FistMarine wrote:
Are you guys trying to play it in fullscreen mode? Because if yes, then for me it doesn't work but in windowed mode, it works fine.

Yes, fullscreen by default.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:54 pm 
I think I found out the problem. One of my online friends showed me this link: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rainbow_co ... lder_games

It turns out that only XP, Vista and 7 are affected by this problem, according to the key points in the link. No wonder why it works fine in newest OSes such as Windows 8 and 10. This is probably a sign that I need to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 or buy a new laptop that comes with Windows 10 installed, so that way I can enjoy Quake 2 and other games that don't work properly in Windows 7. :yup:

I will have to try out tomorrow the fixes that this wiki recommends to me. Then I will see if this worked.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:47 pm 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Q2 Works on Win 7. :? :? :?

Offline Profile  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4