It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rise of the Triad 2013
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:12 pm 
Former human
Former human

Looks rather cool, seeing as re-boots of games or movies are otherwise usually quite lame (the new Robocop-movie, for example).

Offline Profile  

Post subject: edit
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:12 am 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 am 
Cyberdemon
Cyberdemon

Fisty, you should still buy it ;)
-No DRM! So it's simple plug-n-play like older games.

Honestly it makes total sense. ROTT is a small name now, with just a cult following and most people don't know what it is or that it even exists.

If they made retail versions they would actually loose money with all the printing of disks. They're not exactly aiming at selling high numbers you know, they just want people to know the game again :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:56 am 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:46 am 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 pm 
Demon
Demon

FistMarine wrote:
So, it looks like fans were very disappointed in this release, I knew it would be just another failure! F**K these developers! They did just in time rush job, only 1 year and half and publish this half-assed game, here is topic about that on Duke4.net:
http://forums.duke4.net/topic/6669-rise ... riad-2013/
They got rid of manual saves, they added a checkpoint system and you can't EVEN explore previous areas after you pass checkpoint because doors are closed! It's DNF all over again! :facepalm:

So, in the end they don't deserve my money. Definitely NOT WORTH to buy this piece of shit! :grumpy:
Especially with all those issues I mentioned, it's not even worth pirating. I think I will simply pass this game, move to another game I want to play these days. :yes:

Do not generalize please, i can't understand your points, it's just trowing shit to the devs, at least try to play the game i don't know, wait until another sale for it, win a free code for it if you don't want to spend 15 dollars, you can have your own opinion, but if you didn't even played the game and you are basing your arguments by other people (and it seems you just readed the thing about glitches and more glitches), i played the game and i really can say a thing about it.

The game it's awesome if we talk about the fun you get in single player and multiplayer, its very ROTT, it's just that, going through a level to find keys and complete it, killing tons of enemyes, etc, etc, just like the classic FPS, it's so cool to have a new FPS like the all time classics were you can explore the map, find secrets areas using your mind, etc.
Aaaand the multiplayer is another thing, i have fun a lot playing against some friends and other people i didn't knew, everything is back, dog mode, god mode, shrooms mode, mercury mode, the weapons, the characters, etc.

Now, the only complain are those glitches, the game is really buggy sometimes, i got stuck on a wall, the mouse collapses or the launcher freezes, they really need to release patches, and good thing is that people on the forums are conplaining about the glitches and the checkpoint system, which i don't like too.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 pm 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:28 pm 
Demon
Demon

That only means more time to fix more glitches, and do it the way it need to be.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:29 pm 
edit

Last edited by FistMarine on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next